Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 102

Thread: BSG and Norton police

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    BSG and Norton police

    I was back home for a hs reunion this past weekend and drew alot of attention from the local law enforcement . I drive a 2002 Silver Malibu ( very ordinary ) so I know it wasn't the car . Now the out of state plates are another story . Driving thru BSG I passed a cop turning the opposite way at an intersection . I guess after he saw my plates he decided to change direction and follow me over a mile . Of course I drove within the limits and gave him nothing to light me up for but I'm sure he was looking for any opportunity . Saturday night we had a dinner/dance at the Inn in Norton . Left the Inn at 12:30 PM when it was over and out of nowhere there was a NPD car on my tail . I got on 23 towards BSG and naturally he followed . He was on my butt to the old 610 exit down the mountain . I remembered I forgot to pick up a 2 liter drink so I legally u-turned to head back to Norton and he went w/ me . I stayed at 55 with no erratic driving so he peeled off when we got back to Norton . As I puuled back on 23 to once again head back to PV yet another NPD car followed me out of the city limits but I gave him nothing to pull me for . Do these guys , on a regular basis , wait outside the old Holiday Inn late at night to try to bust people ?
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG and Norton police

    yeah, trying to get drunk drivers from the fizz
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG and Norton police

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biggin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah, trying to get drunk drivers from the fizz </div></div>

    And being typical pricks.
    GO VOLS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG and Norton police

    yes, they do wait on people.. and they'll follow you til you're blue in the face.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG and Norton police

    I remember always coming out of the Inn from grabbing something to eat on weekends and if you look over at the Texaco across the street you would see a car just sitting and waiting.

    So, being the smart ass that I am, one night after having no drinks just a couple of friends who grabbed a steak dinner left and we saw the car over at the Texaco and I decided to stagger a little getting into my car to see if he would pull out after me. He did and I gave him nothing to pull me over for and when we got downtown he threw on his lights.

    After asking me several times if I had something to drink and I kept telling him no he made me get out of the car and do a field sobriety test and a breathalizer, which I said I would do because I hadn't touched a drop. I passed all of them and he said I saw you staggering outside the Fizz and then saw you get in the drivers seat of the car so I pulled you over.

    So there is your answer, yes they are pricks and they will pull you over for no other reason that seeing you leave the Fizz or the Restaurant. Typical NPD.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG and Norton police

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....So, being the smart ass that I am, one night after having no drinks just a couple of friends who grabbed a steak dinner left and we saw the car over at the Texaco and I decided to stagger a little getting into my car to see if he would pull out after me. He did and I gave him nothing to pull me over for and when we got downtown he threw on his lights.

    After asking me several times if I had something to drink and I kept telling him no he made me get out of the car and do a field sobriety test and a breathalizer, which I said I would do because I hadn't touched a drop. I passed all of them and he said I saw you staggering outside the Fizz and then saw you get in the drivers seat of the car so I pulled you over.

    So there is your answer, yes they are pricks and they will pull you over for no other reason that seeing you leave the Fizz or the Restaurant. Typical NPD. </div></div>


    You might feel differently if he actually pulled someone over leaving the Fizz that had been drunk or, God forbid, had been drinking and wrecked into someone you know or love. You can't have it both ways. To keep drunk drivers off the roads, we as drivers have to put up with a little crap from the police. It's a given that some cops are outright pricks, but had I been a policeman and saw you do the same thing coming out of a club, your ass would have been pulled over, too. And I think most everybody on here would agree with that one, too.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG and Norton police

    (applauds)
    I was fortunate enough a couple of weeks ago to see a road-check that successfully yanked a drunk driver off the road on Birchfield. I don't mind stopping one bit. It is their job to do as such,and if they nail just one,then that is one who will not be endangering me or mine that day/night. if you are going to be stupid and reckless enough to do that [censored],you deserve to have your balls nailed to the wall. It would be awesome to see VA do a one strike and you are out. First time: Permanent loss of driving privs and mandatory 10 year sentence. Make a few examples and some folks would get the message.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #8
    Inactive Member buck73's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG and Norton police

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So, being the smart ass that I am, one night after having no drinks just a couple of friends who grabbed a steak dinner left and we saw the car over at the Texaco and I decided to stagger a little getting into my car to see if he would pull out after me. He did and I gave him nothing to pull me over for and when we got downtown he threw on his lights.

    After asking me several times if I had something to drink and I kept telling him no he made me get out of the car and do a field sobriety test and a breathalizer, which I said I would do because I hadn't touched a drop. I passed all of them and he said I saw you staggering outside the Fizz and then saw you get in the drivers seat of the car so I pulled you over.

    So there is your answer, yes they are pricks and they will pull you over for no other reason that seeing you leave the Fizz or the Restaurant. Typical NPD.</div></div>

    I agree with mik_mo on this one....you acted deserved to get pulled over. By your acting "like a prick", you could have taken the cop let a drunk leave the fizz that night and get behind the wheel of a car just by taking the cop away from his "lookout" by acting drunk. I guess you would think different if a drunk left the fizz that night and killed someone from your family.
    Macho Man
    [img]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2007/11/01/2003988995.jpg[/img]

    2007 ACC Champions!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG and Norton police

    I guess I can see it both ways and at the time and age I was at, I prolly acted like a prick, gotta love the teenage years. But I could have easily been laughing from a joke from a friend, I make the same jestures if I was cracking up at a joke. Should you pull someone over who was just simply laughing at a joke, no. He followed me from the Texaco all the way downtown without weaving in the road, no problems whatsoever, so what was his probable cause. He saw me from 200 yards away possibly staggering or just being an idiot. Good excuse.

    Even if I did deserve to be pulled over for walking out of a club funny, he still had no other reason to make me get out of the vehicle and take a field test, still not smelling alcohol or showing any signs of being drunk, then give me a breathalizer on top of that. What was next, a blood test. Of course, after going back and reading my post, I can see why everyone is pissed, I did act kinda like a prick. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

    75% of cops are in it for the wrong reasons and use their badge for a power trip. Anybody who thinks otherwise is either a cop who acts this way or just dumb.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG and Norton police

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember always coming out of the Inn from grabbing something to eat on weekends and if you look over at the Texaco across the street you would see a car just sitting and waiting.

    So, being the smart ass that I am, one night after having no drinks just a couple of friends who grabbed a steak dinner left and we saw the car over at the Texaco and I decided to stagger a little getting into my car to see if he would pull out after me. He did and I gave him nothing to pull me over for and when we got downtown he threw on his lights.

    After asking me several times if I had something to drink and I kept telling him no he made me get out of the car and do a field sobriety test and a breathalizer, which I said I would do because I hadn't touched a drop. I passed all of them and he said I saw you staggering outside the Fizz and then saw you get in the drivers seat of the car so I pulled you over.

    So there is your answer, yes they are pricks and they will pull you over for no other reason that seeing you leave the Fizz or the Restaurant. Typical NPD. </div></div>

    You didnt do anything wrong. If they thought your were drunk they should have stopped you before you hit the road
    GO VOLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •